Saturday, February 12, 2011

Big boys

We are currently visiting my parents in Toowoomba. Their cat, Snouty is a rather large and beautiful chocolate brown (part) Burmese. He is also terrified of most things, including a chicken that used to visit a while back.

Overheard a conversation (well more of a monologue really) between Chet and Snouty.

Chet: Hello Snouty, you're a big boy.

Snouty: Quizzical, slightly scared interest.

Chet: I'm a big boy too.

Snouty: Hmm, goes to run away.

Chet (in a hopeful voice): I'm two.

At this point Snouty takes off with Chet in hot pursuit.

Also overheard between Chet and slightly older boy in K-mart.

Chet: I'm a big boy.

Boy: No you're not!

Chet: I'm a big boy.

Boy: Shrug

And then they both started playing with bangles.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure he *is* a big boy! It's great when they start wanting to be "grown-up" and independent :-)
    Hope your parents and family weathered the Toowoomba floods ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is lots of fun at the moment and he is becoming quite self sufficient. My parents weathered the floods with no problems but the after affects are still visible in town - shops closed, water quite high in the creeks, roads have been re-paved etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. He is one hilarious being. Thank god you've got somewhere to post those pearlers for posterity... xxxx tor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails