Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Alone ...

The rain has stopped, the sun is out and Sydney is putting on a beautiful summers day. I have taken three days annual leave from work and Chet is in his new day care where he is settling in well. I took this opportunity to grab some much needed alone time and to sort out some things I had been putting off for an eternity. I put him in the car so the K-man could take him to day care and he looked really brave and tried not to cry and waved just a little bit as they drove off. Poor little monkey ...

The house is really quiet, I was able to have a shower without having to talk to Chet while doing it and I can leave doors open as I please. I have done some washing and had breakfast in peace. It feels really strange. It has only been an hour and I miss him already.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to the moment when the small person is not by my side. When I leave Jethro with Francis or with my mother-in-Liu, I enjoy the first part of the break and then go racing back to see him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails